Friday, September 12, 2014

She Reads Truth | Hosea

For the past two weeks I have been doing an amazing Bible study by the great gals over at She Reads Truth.  This Bible Study has really hit home and I never knew that Hosea held so much information.  God really showed himself in this book and I can't wait to share.

hosea SSTa

One of my favorite days was DAY 7.  Talk about a reality check...I sure got one.  

 I will return again to my place, until they acknowledge their guilt and seek my face, and in their distress earnestly seek me.
Hosea 5:15

In Chapter 5 God is referring to the people of Israel.  They were allowing their earthly possessions to take hold of their hearts and putting sinful ways over the love of God.  

God would just sit back and watch the people hurting themselves, but he was always there watching and waiting.  He really never leaves us.  Even if we may stray he will be there with open arms when we return.

7

This was the day that really hit home for me.  I've been wandering for a few months and it took an eye opener to get me back where I needed to be.  I know we are all sinners and fall short of the glory of God, but he wants to be there for us and he wants to be our crutch that we lean on in times of need and in times of joy.  He just wants to be our friend.

If you are wandering and aren't sure what the next step is, just sit down and ask God.  I promise he will listen and he will guide your heart in the direction you need to go.

If you get a chance to join this Bible study you will not be dissapointed!  They even have an app for your iPhone or iPad which makes is super accessible and able to connect with other users that are doing the Bible study as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment