Monday, October 27, 2014

Nc State Fair

Last weekend I got to go to Raleigh with one of my good friends Michaela to see my sister.  While we were there we spent all day at the NC State Fair.

First stop was the ag barns.  The percheron colt was darling and I had to take a picture of it.

Next it was on to see all of the vegetables and fruit that were grown.  This honker of a pumpkin weighed in at over 1000 lbs.  I can't imagine trying to move this thing.  There were several others that were within a few hundred pounds.


Smokey the bare is always preventing forest fires.


These guys run a saw mill off of the old timey steam engine.  It was really cool to see how it was done back in the day.


Of course we had to make a stop at the JB Hunt Horse Complex and watch some of the Hunter Jumpers.  This is what I grew up doing and it brought back many memories when we used to show there in the summers when I was a kid for 4-H (circa 1996)


After spending a busy morning at the fair we met up with one of my blogger friends Caroline from Fit Pink Mom.  We met at Mitch's tavern and had a great lunch! I first met Caroline when we did the Cara Box Exchange.  We partnered up and got to know each other over a few months and then exchanged gifts.  She is a sporty mom and loves to work out and makes me realize how out of shape I am and need to get to an exercise routine.  She makes running seem fun!


Then we headed back to Kate's house to relax for a little bit.  Michaela had talked about how tired she was but we wanted to watch Divergent.  Me and Kate dozed off and Michaela was the one that stayed awake because she got into the movie so much.

If you haven't seen Divergent I highly recommend it!


After relaxing for a bit we headed out to a local sushi joint (I had hibachi bc I don't do sushi) and ate with several of Kate's friends before heading back to the fair to watch the fire works.


Sunday morning we got up and had lunch with my cousin.  We don't get to see Candy much so it was good to catch up with her.  After eating lunch we headed to walk around the farmer's market and found all kinds of cool things.


After a busy weekend of visitng family and hanging out with several new friends it was time to hit the road and head back home.  Can't wait to visit again soon!
















No comments:

Post a Comment