Monday, December 8, 2014

Seeking God

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." ~ Jeremiah 29:13 #Bible #verses

During Bible Study this week we were talking about how we can tend to seek God more in the bad times and in the good times we sometimes forget about him.

This is one of my biggest struggles when it comes to my Christian walk.  When things aren't going my way or things tend to be heading in a direction I don't want them to I tend to cling more to my Bible Studies and prayer.  When I reach a point in my life where I reach the top of that mountain I tend to put the Bible Studies to the side.  

Sometimes it's a struggle.  In Hebrews is states:

For this reason we must pay much closer attention to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away from it.
Hebrews 2:1

We pray and beg God to help us in times of need and we seem to always need him more.  When things take a turn in the way we want them to go, we tend to forget about needing God in a time of praise.  In these good times, we need to praise him more.

Don't think I'm sitting here telling you that I am perfect and I do this all the time.  I am the first one to raise my hand if someone was to claim if they were guilty.  It's just something that I have noticed that I have been pretty bad here lately.

I want to seek God in the good times as well as the bad.  I want to need him all the time.  I want him to know that I need him even when he is answering our prayers and leading us in the direction he wants us to go.  I want to want the Lord!



No comments:

Post a Comment