Tuesday, March 8, 2016

My Biggest Downfall

No body is perfect and I do not claim to be anywhere near perfect.

One of my biggest downfalls is telling people how I feel. 



I can talk to a brick wall all day if it talks back about any thing under the sun.  When it comes to me telling someone how I feel about them I struggle.

I have several close friends and I struggle with telling each of them how much they mean to me.  I go day in and day out and see them and try and touch base with them, but I still struggle to let them know how much my friends means with them.

I know each one of us has our own ways of showing someone how we feel.  With my husband it is cooking him supper every evening, keeping the house clean, and helping him on the farm.  I always tell him that I love him but my true way of showing someone how much I care is by doing something for them.


I wish I could be more vocal when it comes to my feelings.  I almost feel weird like they will look at me like what are you doing.  I don't want to take this life for granted and my friends not know how much they mean to me.

I want to step out of my comfort zone and tell my friends truly how much they mean to me in my life and how much they make me want to be a better person and friend.

So if you are one of my friends and you are reading this, just know that you mean the world to me and I cherish our friendship. I cherish the times we have together and the secrets we share.

This life is short and we are not promised tomorrow or even our next breath.  I want to step out and tell people how I feel.  It will be something that I work on challenge myself with everyday.

Does anyone else have trouble stepping out and letting a friend know how they feel?


2 comments:

  1. So lovely. Well done for putting this out there. I think we can all sometimes forget to tell our nearest and dearest how we feel about them but I've learnt the hard way that it's so important not to take these people for granted. I definitely tell people a lot more these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so hard to tell someone how much they mean to you. I can show them all day but doing things for them or being there for them in a time of need. I just wish I was as strong about stepping out and telling them how I feel. It was hard to step out but I know it was easier to write it down instead of trying to speak about it.

      Delete