Thursday, July 10, 2014

4th of July Vacation | Day 3

The third day we slept in a little since part of our crew was leaving. 

We headed to Waffle House for a great breakfast and then we were off to ride Bridle Veil Falls where The Hunger Games was filmed. 




The cool thing about this water fall is that you can go in behind it. 





On the way out I saw this sign and was like I'm glad I didn't see this on the way in. 


The horses were ready to get back to camp. They had three good days of riding. 


Next we headed back to camp dropped the horses off and took off for a ride through Pisgah National Forest. A cool place we found was Sliding Rock. It definitely be on my to do list next time I visit. 






Then we found some guys trout fishing. Chris didn't get to go because he was out driving a truck but he loves to trout fish. 


I thought this was a cool statue


We made one more stop at looking glass falls before we headed back. 




One last sunset to wrap up an awesome trip to DuPont. I can't wait to visit again!!




















4 comments:

  1. This looks like such a wonderful vacation! I love waterfalls that you can go behind -- the noise + feeling behind them is awesome. Glad to hear you had a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had so much fun. There are so many waterfalls to see. I can't wait to go back and see the rest of them! Going behind a waterfall was such an amazing experience :-)

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful trip and the waterfall looks beautiful! I always feel more peaceful and reflective next to water! So glad to have found your blog x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know just being so close to so many waterfalls is so exciting. I can never see enough waterfalls. Thank you so much! That means a lot :-)

      Delete