Monday, December 22, 2014

No Christmas Decorations

Okay the title is a little bland...but we have NO Christmas decorations.


I know, I know your thinking WHAT.  I am a blogger and I have no Christmas decorations.

First, we still live with the in laws.  Together we have never bought any Christmas decorations.  The in laws have put up a small tree but that is it. We don't have any small children, the only people that we exchange with here are each other, and we are usually traveling to visit family.

Second, we don't have any where to put them at the moment.  We are in the process of getting a house and hopefully next year I will be able to do the "Christmas Tour" around our new digs.


Third, I love Christmas but dragging out all the decorations for one month out of the year seems like such a hassle.  I wish I had someone that could just come in and whisk it all together.  Just like Mr. Christmas.  

He visits celebrities houses and decorates them.  I thought this was a genius idea!! If I had the funds of the stars I would definitely be using his services.

Anyone else not decorate or am I the only one?



7 comments:

  1. I'm with you! Other than setting up my tree (it has the lights built in) I didn't setup any Christmas decorations this year even though I have a ton. Like you I've been traveling quite a bit so it just didn't make sense to deal with the hassle of getting everything out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling! We just travel around so much and we don't have any kids right now so we just don't put any out. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. No Christmas tree for us this year! Or lights. Just a bell on the door because someone gave it to us a week ago and I didn't have the heart to dig out the decorations to put it away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much work! But they are very pretty once they are out. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!!

      Delete
  3. You might not now, but one day you will start a collection with memories attached to each little thing. Besides, christmas isn't all about the decor anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m very excited Alyssa to start those traditions! We don’t really have a “set” Christmas routine. I would love to be able to read the real Christmas story to my kids on Christmas morning so they know that it is not all about getting presents and Santa Clause.

      Delete
  4. I have been married to Keith for over 6 years & we have only put up a tree & decorated for Christmas these last 3 years. We did not do any decorating our first 3[ish] years in OK.

    ReplyDelete