Monday, February 23, 2015

Monday Morning Rambles


It seems like this time of week comes flying around every week.  I wish we could slow down and time not seem to pass by so quickly.  It's like a blink of an eye and its the weekend and then another blink it is Monday again.

With time a precious thing and something we can't get back, I try to slow down and enjoy time with friends and family.  This weekend was one of those. 

Friday night Chris and I wanted to grab a bite to eat and spend some time together so we visited a local spot call the "Mason Jar".  Some friends of mine own it and it is the cutest restaurant and the food is great.

I ordered the 10oz ribeye and Chris had the grilled chicken breasts.  He of course finished half of my steak because I can never eat everything on my plate.


While waiting on our food we were talking and I started playing with the salt shaker.  When I was younger and my cousin was in college he told me one of the funniest jokes I've ever heard.  Are you ready??

A salt with a deadly weapon


Do you get it?  This is how my dry sense of humor works and I laugh every time I see this.  It's okay if you rolled your eyes because a lot of people do, but it is funny to me.


Saturday morning when I got up to head to work I was pleasantly surprised that we had some more snow. On Monday of this week we got about three inches of snow and a few inches of ice.  

They had been calling for some snow but I didn't think it would be enough to cover the road so it was beautiful driving to work.


After work I went with my sister and my friend Michala to the movies and then we met Chris and some more friends for supper.  It was a great weekend for hanging out with friends and just sitting around and talking.

I love when you are so into conversation that you can shut the restaurant down. 

Sunday morning we got up and headed to church and had lunch with my sister.  We were going to try and ride today but it was the first day that the weather had been above freezing and everything was melting and super nasty.  So the horses got another week off.

I went down to feed on Sunday evening and I have to shut Gen up because she likes to run the other two off.  She doesn't like to be shut up but as soon as she gets her food she is good.  She was done and I was messing around and these were the looks I was getting from her.  She was done and she wanted out NOW.


After turning the horses out its nice to just sit and watch them head on out into the pasture.  The sun was setting, it was a warmer day, and the horses were happy to be back.

Life is good but God is greater!  Hope everyone has a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment