Monday, June 8, 2015

Monday Morning Rambles



The last two weekends have been wide open but a lot of fun.  I'll start with two weeks ago when my sister came home and we got to spend some time together.  

Friday night we got a pedicure, grabbed a bite to eat, and then went and got our hair done for our cousins wedding on Saturday.

Saturday morning we had a few hours to spend on the farm so we went and caught the horses and worked them for a little bit before we had to get ready and head to the wedding.


My cousin, Holly is a pharmacist and for her wedding favors she shared with us some m&ms in a cute little prescription bottle.


The wedding and reception were wonderful and the food was great.  They had chicken and beef roast along with a potato bar and ice cream bar.  Who doesn't love mashed potatoes and ice cream?


After the reception we headed to Old Mecklenburg Brewery for the first dances and some more great food.  Caleb surprised Holly and sang "Thinking out Loud" to her.  It was so cute and I can't wait to see their love story unfold.


Sunday afternoon I took a stroll through the pasture to see the horses and check on the cows. Amos was looking for his girlfriend and she was with me. 


And another Sunset to end an awesome weekend.


Fast forward to this past weekend the skies were blue and the weather was perfect.


Friday night I got to shoot Gabby and Tate's senior pictures.  We had so much fun, got a little wet, and enjoyed getting followed around by the sheep.


These goofballs were lots of fun and never a dull moment. 


We got to enjoy the sunset after the rain past and it was beautiful.


On Saturday morning I got to do another photo shoot with Amber and Chase.  I grew up with Amber in church and still work with her mom.  It's always exciting to see friends welcoming another little one into the world.


Saturday afternoon we were having a concert at our church.  I work with one of the members of the band and we had gotten together to have a fun afternoon with pizza and a christian rock band  These guys are awesome and are so passionate about what they do.  Go check out Waiting Hill and listen to some of their music.



Sunday after church we took some of the watermelon and cantaloupe rinds down to the horses and cows.  Gen has never had watermelon before and it was funny to watch her try and figure out what it was.


I got a nice afternoon ride in yesterday.  I didn't realize how out of shape I was when it came to working horses.  She did great and I need to start riding more because it works all types of leg muscles that I forgot I had.


Overall the last two weekend were great and I loved every minute of it.  The next three weekends are going to be just as busy but I know we will make many memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment