Thursday, June 18, 2015

The Big 3-0




Well ya'll...I made it to 30.  I never thought I would see this day, or at least I never thought it would get here this fast.

When I was 18, 30 seemed so old.  Now it seems like my life still has a long ways to go.  Starting college I thought I had my life planned out.  I would meet a guy in college, get married, and have kids by the time I was 25.



Now I'm 30, I didn't even graduate college until I was 29, I didn't get married until I was 27, and now I'm 30 and still don't have kids.  I'm very grateful for how my life has turned out.  At times it feels like I haven't accomplished everything that I wanted to accomplish but I've done quite a bit.

It's been a birthday that I have been dreading but I'm looking forward to spending the day with friends and family.

I have to keep saying that it is just another year on the calendar.  It shouldn't feel any different than 29.

Here's to another year and my first year in my 30's.

Any advice for turning 30?






No comments:

Post a Comment