Thursday, October 8, 2015

Life Lately


Life lately has felt like a winding dirt road.  It has felt beautiful and peaceful but scary because I don't know what is around the next bend.

I have been wide open between working full time, the farm, taking weekend trips, photography, and just plain life.  I know everyone is busy and everyone always gets tired of hearing about how everyone else is busy, BUT there is a beauty to this business.

At this moment in time we don't have kids.  We do want kids but we are leaving that in God's hands.  When he decides to give us child we will welcome it with open arms.  This leaves us time to be busy and to enjoy the day to day hustle of life.

We can take weekend trips, go to the movies when we want, and leave on whim and not have to think twice about it.  We can impulse buy, saving here and there, and buy random things that we don't really need.

I'm getting to the point that I am happy where I am in our seasons of life.  I am content with where God has put me.  I enjoy my friends, family, my job, and my marriage.  I'm where God intended me to be.

I don't know what tomorrow holds and that is not up to me to worry about.  God will prepare us to be at the different seasons in life that he puts us through.

So enjoy the hills and valleys, the straight aways and the curves.

"My heart goes
Drifting down a dusty dixie road
Taking my mind back in time
L.A. lights burn like fire once you know
You left heaven waiting down a dixie road"
Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver - Dixie Road


No comments:

Post a Comment