Friday, March 18, 2016

Photography Series | Heike Moellers



I'm so excited to welcome another lovely lady to the Photography Blog Series.  If you are just joining us please check out Week 1 and Week 2 because so far we have had some amazing ladies.  Heike is such a lovely soul, down to earth, and plum brilliant behind the lens.  I can't wait for you to get to know her better!!




1. What is your Name?
Heike Moellers

2. What is the name of your blog and photography business? HEIKE MOELLERS PHOTOGRAPHY

3. Where are you located? Ibiza, Spain & Duesseldorf, Germany

4. How did you get interested in photography/how long have you been
shooting? I am shooting all my life actually. But as a freelance photographer I am working for almost 13 years now. I just started as a self-employed photographer after my time as a trainee.



5. What do you shoot with (Canon, Nikon, Sony, etc) NIKON!!

6. What is your favorite lens? 85mm with 1.4

7. How do you edit your photos? I edit my photos with Capture One and Lightroom.

8. What is your favorite type of photography to shoot? I love to attend weddings. And I love to do editorial shootings wedding related.



9. How did you find out about the FCA? I am a member for one year now. My first time I’ve read something from Charlie was a post about attendance on a wedding fair. And then I followed her work….

10. What does the FCA mean to you and how has it helped you grow your business? It is such a support to have this group and the mentoring from Charlie. It took my business on a whole new level. It made me realize that I just need do work on my dreams and to get out of my comfort zone!

11. What are some good tips for upcoming photographers that are trying
to get started in the business? Find your own voice. Make your self countable.
You can never fail, it is just the circle of learn and grow!

12. Be creative and let your juices flow.  The whole job is fun. I think as a self-employed photographer you need to live photographer, breath photography and dream about photography. I cannot imagine one single day; I haven’t done a photo over the last 12 years. And there are so many ideas in my head. Spinning around making me crazy. It is hard work to build a business, so you really need to be passionate about it over everything else. Otherwise you will not stand the pressure.







If you liked this one we have another talented photographer scheduled for next week!


If you would like to be featured in the Photography Series on this blog please email me sarahjteague@gmail.com and I will get you the list of questions.


No comments:

Post a Comment