Monday, November 24, 2014

We all have something to be thankful for



Blessed

Being thankful can be something that is harder than it sounds.

This week has been a real struggle.  Everything I seemed to touch seemed to break or go wrong.  My car was in the shop and cost three times what I though it would and it just seemed like we couldn't get ahead.

I was really good at feeling sorry for myself this week.  I tend to do that a lot.  I find myself struggling and worrying about everything that is going wrong and not being thankful for everything that is going right.

I lost it all on Thursday morning when I went to start my car and it wouldn't start.  I sat down and lost it and put my self in a pool of poor pitiful little ole me.  I wasn't thinking about how lucky I am to have an extra vehicle to drive while my car was getting fixed, or a warm house to sleep in, or food on my table to eat everynight.

There is a song that we are learning for church called "Thank You Lord for Your Blessings on Me".  The song really hits home and has made me think about where my life is and how we I really need to be more thankful for what I have.


         

Take a chance and just do a quick listen, I promise you won't be disappointed and it will really make you think about what you are thankful for.

So this week just take a moment to reflect on the things that you are thankful for in this holiday season. 


No comments:

Post a Comment