Thursday, January 15, 2015

French Blogger Meet Up

When I first started blogging, I really started as a way to keep up with what was going on in our lives living on the farm.  We were into so much I couldn't remember half of the stuff that we were doing.  What I didn't know would happen would be the number of amazing girls that I would meet.

I stumbled upon the group, The Peony Project, and I have been blown away by the community so far.  If you are looking for a community of fun loving blogger, Jesus lovers, and encouragers I suggest you check them out.  You will not be disappointed.

Laura from Suzie Lou Blog and I put together a small blogger meet up for some local bloggers from around the Charlotte area that are involved in The Peony Project. 

We met at Amalie's French Bakery in the NoDa district. This bakery sure does know how to take "french" all the way.

We arrived early, got a table picked out, and got everything set up.

I was really excited about the decorations, the m&m game, and the coffee mug exchange.




The m&m game was a great ice breaker and a good way for everyone to loosen up.  It created conversation and let us get to know everyone.

We also got to do a fun mug exchange where we drew a number and were paired up.  I got a cute moose mug from alaska and can't wait to add it to my collection and display it in our new house.

Can I say the place was adorable and I felt like I was transported to a coffee shop in the heart of Paris.



Check out some of the gals from the meet up:
Madison from Weatherhills Say I Do
Laura from The Suzie Lou
Gina from Gina Alyse
Linda from The Murphmans
Ashley from Messy Milestones

After we had a fabulous lunch we headed off to Ikea.  This was mine and Laura's first time visiting this huge place.  Needless to say 2 hours later we finally found the exit doors (and I might have bought a few things) and headed back towards the house.

Laura was also filming a vlog (which I have never done) and I got to costar.  I can't wait to share it with you when she gets it posted!

2 comments: