Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Sail Away With Me...

This weekend I got to get away for a few days and go see my sister.  It was also one of the last weekends that my friend Michaela will be in town before she goes to Montana for the summer.

We left on Friday night after we got off work and headed down towards my sisters house.  We got there kind of late but were excited to get in bed and get ready to head to the beach the next day.

We decided to head to Emerald Isle, NC to hang out on the beach and do a little sight seeing.


This was the first time I had been to the beach since last year.  It was a little chilly so we definitely didn't get in the water but did lay out on the beach for a few hoursl


The sky was overcast and cloudy but had this beautiful purple/pink hugh to it and made for some really pretty pictures.

I kept seeing this fishing boat coming up the horizen of the beach and new that I had to snap a picture. 


Michaela was being a sea shell hoarder while we were there.  She kept finding all types of them and stashing them on her towel.  I don't know how many she ended up with but I'm sure it was enough to start a serious collection.


My sister and her boyfriend.


Again, I could not get over how beautiful the sky was and how amazing the views were.



After laying on the beach for a few hours we headed to the pear to see some more of Emerald Isle.  This has to be one of the longest pears I have ever been on and it had an upper level deck.



The clouds were rolling in, the breeze was blowing, and the views were amazing from the second level of the pier.


After the pier we headed to grab a bite to eat at a place call the Crab Shack in Salter Path.  All I can say is this is some of the freshest seafood I have ever eaten in my life.

Michaela and I decided to split their steam bowl.  It was two parts of crab legs, clams, shrimp, 2 crabs, clam chowder, and coleslaw.  Everything tasted so good! If you are ever in the area I definitely recommend giving this place a try.


Sunday we headed to eat breakfast at Cracker Barrel.  Then we hit up a local tack shop and spent a little bit of money!

It was a great weekend and I can't wait to see what other exciting weekends we have this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment